KB Article #3024
Mitchell 1 allows you to interface directly with RepairLink Shop to obtain part information for ordering.
Note: Dealer responses and order status are only available in RepairLink Shop.
To order parts using Mitchell 1 with RepairLink Shop:
- From Mitchell 1, click W.I.P.
- Double click to open an existing repair order (RO).
Click New to create a new repair order.
- The order will open. Click the Order tab (if it does not display by default).
- Click the icon.
- The Select Vendor window may display. If so, verify that RepairLink Shop displays in the Available Vendors drop-down and click OK.
- A RepairLink Shop will open within a frame in Mitchell 1. The VIN and the vehicle's year, make, and model will be transferred from Mitchell 1 to RepairLink Shop.
- Search for the parts you need.
- Type quantity you want in the Qty Req field.
- Click Add to Cart. The following message will temporarily display to confirm each part has been successfully added.
- Click the Shopping Cart button at the top of the page to open your cart.
- The Transfer button in Mitchell 1 (located in the bottom right of the RepairLink Shop page) will now be active. Click it to transfer the cart information.
- The pricing and part information will now display in Mitchell 1.
- Click Parts Ordering.
- The Parts Ordering Estimate window will display. Click Price Check to perform a cost check of all parts on the order.
- If your preferred dealership does not have the part in stock, click the Select Alternate Locations button and then select a new location to order the parts from.
- Order information will refresh and the Order Parts button will now be active. Click the button to complete the order.