KB Article #2565
Your RepairLink Shop administrator account allows you to specify which dealer you prefer your shop to buy parts from for each brand/make you service. When a dealer is selected as your preferred dealer, searches that you perform for the assigned make will display your preferred dealer's pricing and part availability. Note: You can only select one preferred dealer for each automaker brand.
- From RepairLink Shop menu, click My Dealers and then Dealer List to access the list of dealers you have added.
- Place a check in the box beside the make(s) you would like to assign the dealer to. Note: Adding a preassigned make to a new dealer will remove the selection from the current dealer.
When performing a dealer search, Shop Administrators may not be able to locate a specific dealer if they are not subscribed to OEC solutions. If you are unable to find a particular dealer that you want to do business with, you can submit the dealer's information directly to OEC for follow up.
- From the Dealer Search window, click Enter Dealers to access the dealer submission form.
- Type in the requested information about the dealer you want to add in the fields provided. (Email Address and Shop Name are required.)
- Click Submit.
- OEC will contact the dealer(s) to communicate the value of RepairLink.
In order to process orders with a dealer, the dealer must be actively using RepairLink. (An active dealer is one that is currently subscribed to RepairLink.) Some dealers are inactive and some may not be found in the solution. In either case, you cannot send orders to these dealers.
- From the RepairLink Shop menu, click My Dealers and then Dealer List to access the list of dealers you have added.
- By default, the application will display your active dealers. To see your inactive dealers, click the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner of the dealer list and select Show All Dealers.
- Find the dealer on the Dealer List and look at the Status column to determine if the dealer is Active or Inactive.
- If the dealer's Status is Active, you can submit orders to them using RepairLink Shop.
- If the dealer's Status is Inactive, you cannot submit orders to them using RepairLink Shop.